Have your say on the future of dental education and training in England
The Faculty of General Dental Practice (FGDP(UK)) is urging dentists and dental care professionals throughout England to attend one of Health Education England's 'Advancing Dental Care' workshops.
Advancing Dental Care is HEE's review of dental education and training, which aims to improve NHS recruitment and retention, and address geographical and skills shortages. The aim of the events is to 'share the review's evudence and findings to date, to test thinking, and to develop and discuss optiosn for flexible training for the dental workforce'.
Ian Mills, Dean of the FGDP(UK), is representing the Faculty at HEE's national stakeholder forum on Advancing Dental Care, and said:
The Advancing Dental Care review is far-reaching in scope, and will have profound effects upon the future of the profession, so I strongly encourage oral health professionals across England to attend their nearest workshop and let HEE know their views and its proposals.
There are 15 events taking place across the country between October 2019 and January 2020, each of whcih comes with certified CPD hours:
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 6-8pm, Manchester
- Monday 28 October 2019, 6:30-8:30pm, Derby
- Thursday 31 October 2019, 6:30-8:30, Birmingham
- Monday 4 November 2019, 2-4:30pm, Durham
- Wednesday 6 November 2019, 6-8pm, Liverpool
- Thursday 7 November 2019, 6-8pm, Preston
- Tuesday 12 November 2019, 6:30-8:30pm, Cambridge
- Wednesday 13 November 2019, 6-8pm, Chester
- Thursday 14 November 2019, 5-7pm, London
- Tuesday 26 November 2019, 6-9pm, Slough
- Thursday 28 November 2019, 6-9pm, Eastleigh
- Wednesday 4 December 2019, 1-4pm, Leeds
- Tuesday 10 December 2019, 6-9:30pm, Bristol
- Wednesday 18 December 2019, 5:30-7:30pm, London
- Thursday 9 January 2020, 6-9:30pm, Plymouth
Further information about the review is available at https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/advancing-dental-care/advancing-dental-care-phase-ii, and further information on the workshops is available via the links above.