Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - DCP Study Day
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh are now taking bookings for their DCP Study Day which will take place on Friday 6 November 2020. The study day will provide a full day session to update DCPs in some of the GDC highly recommended topics. Topics discussed will be in workshop and lecture format.
Friday, 6 November 2020
The event offers 5 hours CPD.
Aims & Objectives
This course aims to provide DCPs with current guidance and legislation requirements for a number of their CORE topics with the GDC.
After attending this one day session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principals of Health & Safety including Risk Assessments. List actions to improve health, safety and wellbeing of self and others. Describe accident reporting requirements in line with legislation.
- Consider personal and professional responsibilities. Discuss how GDC registration affects clinical and personal activity. Understand the importance of indemnity & discuss GDC Fitness to Practice.
- Discuss current Legislation IR(ME)R 2017 and IRR 2017. Define radiation protection in dental environments.
- Describe the purpose of maintaining water lines and preventing legionella. Discuss diseases relevant to dentistry. Describe the Chain of Infection and understand the transmission of various infections.
- Recognise signs and symptoms for a variety of medical conditions. Describe storage and use of medical drugs following Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
View the events programme