What is BADN Indemnity Scheme?
The BADN Professional Indemnity Scheme has been arranged by Trafalgar Risk Management and Parliament Hill Ltd. There are three levels of cover available.
Available cover and costs*
Once you've joined BADN by purchasing one of three memberships (mentioned above), you will be eligible to receive discounted premiums compared to going to Trafalgar Risk Management direct. The BADN member premium rate will not apply if you're not a Full, Part-Time or Maternity BADN member. This discount will also not apply if you purchase your policy directly through Trafalgar Risk Management.
|General dental nurse, including processing radiographs, providing oral hygiene instruction, level 1 smoking cessation advice and education, assisting patients with special needs, practice manager (admin only).
||£61.26 inclusive of IPT (IPT will not apply for Channel Island or Isle of Man residents)
|EXTRA DUTIES (In addition to Basic Duties as listed above)
Includes any of the following:
- Casting models, dental photography, shade taking, special trays, denture fracture repairs, mounting models onto an articulator using a facebow.
- Orthodontic Treatments: Tracing radiographs, tracing cephalographs.
- Sedation: Relative analgesia (gas and air); oral sedation (on prescription only); IV Sedation including monitoring and anxiety control.
- Direct Patient Care: Recording occlusion, taking impressions, applying fluoride varnish, placing rubber dams, taking facebow registrations (but no bite registrations) for a full denture, occlusion registration rims, plaque indices, taking radiographs.
- Oral Maxillo-Facial: Dressing changes and suture removal (facial).
- Implants: Assisting the dentist chairside in the process of dental implantology.
- Dental Tutor: Anyone who is a tutor or provides formal training for dental nurses (this may be part-time with other dental nursing activities)
|£66.86 inclusive of IPT (IPT will not apply for Channel Island or Isle of Man residents)
|Pregnant and going on Maternity leave in the next year or currently on Maternity leave. Please only select this if you are not working while you are on maternity/paternity leave.
||£33.82 inclusive of IPT (IPT will not apply for Channel Island or Isle of Man residents)
*Price quoted by Trafalgar Risk Management as of 5.02.2021. Prices could be subject to change. Please see the ‘how to apply’ section to find out how to access these rates.
Who can apply?
This scheme is available only to BADN Full-Time, Part-Time and Maternity memberships.
How to apply?
The BADN Professional Indemnity Scheme is an optional feature and is not included in the price of the membership. You will have the opportunity to apply for indemnity right after successfully purchasing or renewing your BADN membership. Once you've joined BADN, you will find access button at the order confirmation, directing you to BADN Indemnity Scheme website where you can make your application.
If you've already joined the association and missed the opportunity to apply for indemnity at the time of purchasing your membership, please contact BADN and we will provide you with a link to access the offer. If you apply directly through the Trafalgar Risk Management website, you will be asked as part of the application process if you are a BADN member. You will need to have your membership number ready to add to your application to receive the discount. The member premium rate will not apply if you're not active current member.
Insurance benefits are subject to underwriting and underwriting criteria. The BADN indemnity scheme is provided for BADN by Parliament Hill Ltd, 40 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BT. BADN are Parliament Hill and BADN are not part of the same group as any of the product/service providers which together form the benefits scheme. The British Association of Dental Nurses is an Appointed Representative of Parliament Hill who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for non-investment insurance mediation and credit broking only. You can check this out on the Financial Services Register by visiting www.register.fca.org.uk, under register number 308448. Neither Parliament Hill Ltd or Trafalgar Risk Management are members of the same group. Benefits are designed with UK resident users in mind and may not be suitable for those resident outside the UK.