|*Prices are subject to change
General Dental Council regulations now require all new and renewing GDC registrants to state that they have appropriate indemnity cover in place. Are you covered?
We know that purchasing an indemnity can be expensive, that's why we have, in conjunction with long-term partner, Trafalgar Risk Management launched a BADN Indemnity Scheme exclusive to our member to help you get covered for less. Our membership is an ultimate tool to help you save money, not spend it!
What is BADN Indemnity Scheme?
Created in partnership with Trafalgar Risk Management, the scheme offers an opportunity to apply for professional indemnity cover at a highly discounted premium fee. This is however, an optional feature and is not included in the price of the membership. Additional costs will apply.
Who can apply?
The scheme is accessible only with the following memberships:
- Full-Time membership
- Part-Time membership
- Maternity membership
How to apply?
The BADN Indemnity Scheme fees (visible above) are available exclusively to BADN members only. Once you've joined the association by purchasing on of three memberships (mentioned above) you can then apply for your indemnity policy with Trafalgar Risk Management through your membership account.
In order to get indemnity rate exclusive to BADN member you need to log in to your BADN account and access the BADN Indemnity Scheme through our members area where you'll find a link to direct you to Trafalgar Risk Management to redeem the discount. You can read our quick step-by-step guide on how to apply for indemnity through BADN by clicking here.
The discounted premium fees will not apply if you're not active current member or try to apply directly through the Trafalgar Risk Management website. This can only be accessed through our members' area.
Who is Trafalgar Risk Management?
Trafalgar Risk Management is a privately owned, award-winning Insurance Broker, providing easy and affordable insurance covers. To find out more, click here.
What level of cover does the BADN Indemnity Scheme offer?
The dental indemnity cover offers the following:
- Insuring clauses 1 - 5: £1,000,000 in the annual aggregate, including deference costs
- Insuring clause 6: £2,000 per day, £100,000 in the annual aggregate
- Insuring clause 7: £100,000 in the annual aggregate
- Criminal Prosecution and Fitness to Practice Representation £50,000 any one claim. £100,000 in the aggregate.
For all policy wording, cover details and clauses please click here.
There are currently three levels of cover available:
- Basic chair side duties
- General dental nurse, including processing radiographs, providing oral hygiene instruction, level 1 smoking cessation advice and education, assisting patients with special needs, practice manager (admin only)
- Extended chair side duties
- Casting models, dental photography, shade taking, special trays, denture fracture repairs, mounting models onto an articulator using a facebow.
- Orthodontic Treatments: Tracing radiographs, tracing cephalographs.
- Sedation: Relative analgesia (gas and air); oral sedation (on prescription only); IV Sedation including mentoring and anxiety control.
- Direct Patient Care: Recording occlusion, taking impressions, applying fluoride varnish, placing rubber dams, taking facebow registrations (but no bite registrations) for a full denture, occlusion registration rims, plaque indices, taking radiographs.
- Oral Maxillo-Facial: Dressing changes and suture removal (facial).
- Implants: Assisting the dentist chairside in the process of dental implantology.
- Dental Tutor: Anyone who is a tutor or provides formal training for dental nurses (this may be part-time with other dental nursing activities)
- Maternity cover
- Pregnant and going on Maternity leave in the next year or currently on Maternity leave. Only available if you're not working while you are on maternity/paternity leave.
Please note the level of cover is subject to change. You should always check directly with the indemnity provider what the policy covers, including the policy wording before applying.